Extra Extra Read All About It...

 

With all that is happening in our world today it is so important to stay updated. Now more than ever before we are able to access news from wherever we go. Today I'm going to recommend my Top 5 News Sources so you guys can stay updated on what is happening. 

The first new source is a classic. ABC World News Tonight with David Muir is something I try to watch everyday at 6:30 pm EST. Although this may not be as easy as picking up your cell phone I grew up watching the news everyday with my parents. The reason I like this source is because it's only 30 minutes and it sums up a decent amount of events that a happened that day. What I enjoy about this is that they do not have a bias on any topic, they just state facts. 

Apple News is another source I find myself using quite often. It is so convenient since I am able to access it straight from my iPhone where ever I am. My favorite part about Apple News is when I use it I am typically looking for a specific story in the news. They have a "Top Stories" section that has always made it easy for me to find those important topics. They also have many other news stories I personally use it mainly for big articles. 

Other platforms like Snapchat have also come out with different ways to stay updated with what is going on in the world. There is a discover page which gives you access to different news sources and channels, my favorite being the Daily Mail. I had heard of it before but never looked at it until I was able to see it on Snapchat. I really enjoy this because there are so many articles that are of interest to me. I believe I enjoy it so much because the algorithm specifically picks certain stories from the Daily Mail that they figure I would like to read. I don't know if this is how it works but when compared to some of my friends Snapchat news we get different results. I use it most often because I feel like it is catered to me and what I like the most.



Twitter is nice because will I am scrolling through my feed news articles pop up. It is easy and you don't really have to go looking for stories they come to you. You can also find the big news just by looking at what is trending.  The only issues I have with twitter is that not everything is fact checked. You can't be so quick to believe everything that pops up on your feed because it could be popping up from someone who has a bias on that specific topic. It is quick and easy to get caught up fast but like the other sources you may need to check to see the information is correct. 


I really like the BBC News because unlike most of these other sources it doesn't just focus on the US but also has World coverage as well. Although some of these other sources do talk about whats going on in the world I do no feel they go as in-depth as the BBC News. On their website they have 2 separate seconds one for the US & Canada and another for the World which include countries such asAfrica, Asia, Australia,Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. This wide variety is what makes it so what makes this news outlet stand out from others to me. 

Overall there are so many places you can get information these are just some of my favorites. These sources mainly focus on what is going on in the world and serious matters. As I've gotten older I've realized how important it is to be informed on these topics and recommend everyone just some of these News channels/websites out for themselves.  









Comments

Popular Posts